The National Highway Safety Administration released a new app last week that “will provide real-time vehicle safety information to consumers from NHTSA’s SaferCar.gov site.” The app will allow users to:
* Search NHSA Safety Ratings for vehicles by make and model;
* Locate car seat installation help;
* File a vehicle safety complaint with NHSA;
* Find recall information; and
* Subscribe to automatic notices about vehicle recalls.
Very handy, though NHSA still recommends you put away your cell phone while you’re driving.