Med Mal Lawyer Medford, OR
A medical malpractice lawsuit is a personal injury case that is filed against a medical professional for an act or lack of action that caused a patient’s injuries. There are a number of medical professionals that can be sued for malpractice, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, EMTs, and more. Even the facility where the malpractice occurred can be sued. If a med mal lawyer in Medford, OR can show that the medical staff’s negligence caused the victim’s injuries and those injuries caused the victim losses, the court will likely award the victim financial compensation for those losses.
There are certain elements that a medical malpractice lawyer Medford, OR offers must show a jury in order to prove malpractice. These legal elements are:
- The medical professional had a duty of care to the victim.
- That duty of care was breached.
- The breach of duty caused harm to the victim that would not have occurred but for that breach.
- The victim suffered losses as a direct result of the injury.
Some of the most common causes of medical malpractice that a med mal lawyer in Medford, OR from Andersen & Linthorst have seen, include:
- Failing to feed a disabled patient
- Failure to diagnose
- Giving the victim the wrong dosage of medication
- Giving the victim the wrong medication
- Leaving instruments or other items inside the victim during surgery
- Not properly sterilizing hospital equipment
- Not properly sterilizing hospital rooms
- Operating on the wrong part of a victim’s body
- Skipping doses of the victim’s medication
While the burden of proof is on the victim to prove that malpractice occurred, they also must prove that they suffered economic and/or noneconomic damages because of the injuries. Some of the damages that a victim can be financially compensated for include:
- Medical expenses for treatment, both present, and future. This also includes any hospitalizations, surgeries, medication, medical devised, rehabilitation, transportation back and forth for treatments
- Loss of income and benefits if the victim is unable to work while they recover. If the victim’s injuries leave them unable to work, they may also be entitled to compensation for loss of future income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Permanent disability
- Any home modifications needed to accommodate any permanent disability (i.e. wheelchair ramp)
- Loss of life enjoyment
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Law Firm Today! Call Andersen & Linthorst
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice, the emotional, physical, and financial impact these injuries can have on your family can be devastating. Call Andersen & Linthorst to find out what your legal options may be against those medical professionals who are responsible for the losses you are suffering. Our medical malpractice attorney med mal lawyers in Medford, OR will work diligently to make sure that those responsible are ordered to pay. Call our office today to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation.
Client Review"It was an absolute pleasure working with this team. They eased my anxiety every step of the way. They were all very professional, kind, understanding and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone seeking help. Thank you all so much!"
Let Us Help You
If you have been injured and you are not sure what steps to take next, call us. We can help.