Serious Car Accident Injury Lawyer Medford, OR
A Car Accident Lawyer for Road Rage
If another person’s aggressive driving caused you or a loved one harm, it may be a good idea to talk with a serious car accident injury lawyer Medford, OR clients trust about the road rage that led to a collision and your harm. For a free consultation with a qualified car accident lawyer, please call Andersen, Morse, & Lindhorst now.
Dangers of Road Rage
Aggressive driving, also known as road rage, is a significant problem on the roads, especially in the busier areas. When a person is venting their emotions while driving, they may be more prone to causing an accident. In fact, in many states, such as Virginia, road rage can be charged as reckless driving; a criminal offense.
We at Andersen, Morse, & Lindhorst know the dangers that aggressive driving can pose to motorists and pedestrians. We’ve not only successfully recovered monetary damages for victims of road rage, but have also helped to prosecute the offender. To schedule an evaluation of your case, please give us a call to speak with a serious car accident injury lawyer Medford, OR families can depend on.
Understanding Road Rage
Over the last few years, legislators have been more inclined to develop stricter laws that concern aggressive driving in the state. Spearheaded by law enforcement, safety organizations, and a rise in road rage related accidents, these laws are meant to hold offenders responsible for their actions in both civil and criminal courts.
Although there is no solid definition for road rage, it is concerned to be a behavioral condition in which a driver becomes angry or hot tempered as a reaction to the traffic or road conditions. In most cases, a serious car accident injury lawyer Medford, OR victims trust determines that the aggressive driver chose to engage in a harmful action that led to the accident.
The Most Common Acts of Road Rage
Typically, the angry driver will use their vehicle as a weapon. They might make a sudden maneuver of the car by swerviving, speeding up to the car in front of them, or slamming on the brakes. As a serious car accident injury lawyer Medford, OR clients trust knows, road rage cases tend to have similarities in that they include common behaviors such as:
- Displaying a gesture that is considered to be obscene
- Tailgating as a means of pressuring the driver to move
- Failing to signal while changing lanes
- Constant honking
- Slowing down and preventing the other driver to go around them
- Swerving in and out of lanes
- Cutting off the driver
- Using the high beam lights to blind other drivers
What You Can Do About Aggressive Driving
It’s safe to say that all drivers will experience some kind of road range. When this happens, there are things you can do to minimize the risk of an accident:
- Remain calm and courteous
- Follow the state laws
- Maintain the proper speed limit
- Keep a safe distance between you and other cars
- Try to stay in the same lane
- Do not antagonize the other driver
- Avoid eye contact
If you are facing a problem with an aggressive driver who won’t cease their behaviors, you can call the police. Be sure to report the make, model, and color of their car, as well as, the license plate number.
Avoiding a Road Rage Car Accident
To reduce the risk of a road rage car accident and ensure the safety of yourself and passengers, avoid engaging with another’s road rage. It can be difficult in the moment to play the offensive, as we may be inclined to fight back when someone invades our space. But, it is never worth the risk when it comes to your life and those who may be in the vehicle with you. The best approach is to allow that aggressive driver to pass ahead of you or exit off a highway to remove yourself from the situation completely.
A serious car accident lawyer Medford, OR victims confide in understands that there are times when we cannot avoid a road rage accident, particularly if the other driver was extremely aggressive and unsafe in their behavior. Despite your best efforts to elude the situation, an accident may have unfolded anyway. And to make matters worse, the angry driver may have hit you and kept driving, as a way to avoid taking responsibility for what they caused. We can perform an investigation to see that all parties responsible are held accountable, and that you get the compensation needed to recover physically and financially.
Car Accident Injuries and Damages
During your initial consultation, a serious car accident lawyer Medford, OR clients trust from Andersen, Morse, & Lindhorst, we will ask you about what you have suffered as a result of the accident. In preparation of this consultation, please bring with you documentation and evidence related to the incident. For example, these items can be helpful as we are providing you with a free initial case evaluation:
- Photographs of your injuries and vehicle damage (including damage to the other driver’s car too, if possible)
- Witness name and contact who saw the accident happen (these could be good samaritans or people who were in the vehicle with you at the time)
- Name of the other driver, contact details, insurance company name, policy number, license plate number, driver’s license number, and make/model/year of vehicle
- A copy of the police report (you can obtain a copy from your nearby law enforcement office a few days after the accident)
- Medical documentation related to your injuries (such as hospitalization records, doctor exams, prescription medication, injections, surgery, x-rays, etc.)
- Receipts for out of pocket expenses related to the accident (including estimates to repair your vehicle, cost for new vehicle if the former was totalled in the accident, damage to other property that was inside your vehicle)
- Statements from your employer that show how many days you had to miss work due to the accident (we can use this to estimate how much to pursue in compensation for loss of earnings)
Your Legal Options After a Road Rage Accident
Road rage is not to be taken lightly. If you were injured in a car accident involving road rage, or worse you lost someone to an aggressive driver, it is important you learn about your legal rights. Our car accident lawyers can investigate the accident, gather evidence, talk with witnesses, and review important documents. To talk with a serious car accident lawyer Medford, OR community members trust, call Andersen, Morse, & Lindhorst today.