Medical Malpractice Lawyer Medford, OR
Our medical malpractice lawyer in Medford, OR can help you understand whether or not you have grounds to file a claim against a negligent medical provider for damages. Andersen Morse & Linthorst handles all manner of medical malpractice claims and lawsuits for Medford residents who suffered serious injuries due to negligence or carelessness. Our Medford, Oregon medical malpractice lawyer is available to review your case at no charge and offer an opinion as to whether or not you might benefit from proceeding with a claim against the liable party. Below are some general guidelines and information that you may find helpful.
What is considered medical malpractice?
To qualify as medical malpractice, an action performed or not performed by a medical provider must meet several criteria. Even an acknowledged mistake may not meet the criteria for a medical malpractice claim, which is why it’s important to discuss your case with a medical malpractice lawyer Medford, OR residents trust from Andersen Morse & Linthorst. When examining your circumstances, our lawyer will determine if your case meets the following criteria:
- A doctor and patient relationship had been established and acknowledged between yourself and your physician.
- Your physician provided a level of care when making a diagnosis, treating you, failing to treat you, or when providing any other type of medical service that was less than the standard accepted level of care. In effect, they breached their duty of care to you as their patient.
- There is a direct connection between your physician’s negligent act and the injury or worsened condition that you suffered.
- As a result of the injury or worsened condition that you suffered, you suffered damages in the form of pain and suffering, the need for additional and costly treatment, or in other ways.
What is the medical standard of care?
An important aspect of a medical malpractice case is that the doctor did not meet the medical standard of care when treating the patient. Your medical malpractice lawyer in Medford, Oregon will have to prove and provide information about these things:
- An accepted level of medical care should have been followed by the doctor as established according to the circumstances of your medical case. The standards that should have been met will be detailed according to the unique circumstances of your case.
- The doctor did not meet that level of medical care. Your medical malpractice lawyer will have to establish exactly how the doctor fell short. In the process, medical experts may be called to testify on your behalf.
- How the medical malpractice affected you in terms of injury or a worsening condition, and all associated costs. Documentation provided by your medical malpractice lawyer will likely include medical records, photos of your injury in its various stages, the cost of medical treatment for your injury or condition, your pain and suffering, and much more.
Getting Help from a Medford, OR Medical Malpractice Lawyer
The higher the amount of damages you have suffered, the more likely you have a valid medical malpractice case. Major courts will likely not permit lawsuits to proceed if the case involves only minor injuries and any claim filed with a medical provider for minor damages may or may not be taken seriously.
To determine if you have a valid medical malpractice case, please call the medical malpractice lawyer Medford, OR residents trust from Andersen Morse & Linthorst.