Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Ashland, OR
We understand that when you learn that your loved one is being abused at a nursing home, you are looking for a qualified and aggressive nursing home abuse lawyer Ashland, OR recommends. That is why Andersen & Linthorst is here for you and your family. We believe that when your loved one is not getting the care they deserve, you should have an attorney representing you to get to the bottom of the abuse and help you with a nursing home abuse claim. Want to learn more about how we can help your family through this difficult time? Give our office a call.
What does a nursing home abuse lawyer do?
When you have learned that your loved one has been harmed in some way, your first thought likely isn’t that you want to go through the legal process of filing a claim. We completely understand that. Our nursing home abuse lawyer in Ashland, Oregon wants to be here to work through the legal claim so that you can focus on getting your elderly loved one to safety and finding them a nursing home that fits their needs and keeps them safe. Staff members at nursing homes have one important job: to protect the senior residents within the nursing home. This means not bringing harm to them in the form of:
- Physical abuse
- Mental Abuse
- Sexual harm
- Financial extortion
What will happen when we meet?
When we have our consultation, we will want to know as much about the situation as you can tell us. How long has your loved one been there? What signs of abuse or neglect have you seen? Do you have evidence or proof that this is happening? Does your loved one understand what is going on? Once we establish what has been going on, we will begin gathering evidence of our own so that we can begin filing your claim. Through this claim, we will work to show that:
- The nursing home and its staff had an obligation to give your loved one the care they needed.
- The nursing home did not give your loved one the care and security they needed and thus failed to meet this obligation.
- As a result, your loved one suffered from serious harm.
We know that this is a difficult time for you and your family. If you would like to call our office to speak with an Ashland, Oregon nursing home abuse lawyer, contact Andersen & Linthorst now.
Steps to Take if You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse
When you place your loved one in a nursing home, you expect for him or her to receive quality care. Unfortunately, however, that doesn’t always happen. If you suspect that your family member is being abused, take the following steps:
- Remain Calm: If you believe your loved one is being abused in a nursing home, you have a right to feel angry and upset. However, it’s important to keep your composure so that you don’t do anything rash. If you allow yourself to lose your temper, you may do something you regret.
- Discuss the Matter With Your Loved One: Speaking to your loved one about such a sensitive issue may not be easy at first, but it’s a necessary thing to do. You’ll ideally want to talk to your family member privately so that he or she feels comfortable. Ask your loved one if he or she is being mistreated in any way in the nursing home. Reassure your family member that he or she can tell you anything and you won’t think any differently of him or her.
- Speak to the Nursing Home Staff: If you suspect that your family member is being abused, don’t hesitate to talk about the problem with the nursing home staff. What you perceive as abuse might not actually be abuse, and you should give the staff a chance to explain before taking further action.
- Take Notes: A nursing home abuse lawyer in Ashland, OR may recommend going to the nursing home and taking notes of anything you see that’s not quite right. For example, if you notice that the facility is dirty and unkempt or there seems to be a shortage of staff members, write that information down.
- Contact the Police: If you suspect that your loved one is in immediate danger, don’t hesitate to call the police. Your family member’s safety is of the utmost importance. Police may need to intervene to ensure the safety of nursing home residents.
- Talk to a Lawyer: If your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, your family may be entitled to compensation. A nursing home abuse lawyer in Ashland, OR will investigate the case and advise you on the best way to move forward. He or she will help you gather the necessary evidence to prove that your family member did experience abuse.
Client Review"These lawyers are compassionate, thorough, and great advocates for people who have been injured"
Let Us Help You
If you have been injured and you are not sure what steps to take next, call us. We can help.